Thursday, February 10, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

Lately, I feel like I am absolutely no fun to be around because I have this stinky attitude about everything.  I feel like I'm sour about work, about home, and everything in between.  I need a serious attitude adjustment and there's no one that can do it except God, with my cooperation of course. 

Things that were said and happened earlier in the week have me in a really nasty place.  I am resentful and bitter about a lot of different things right now.  I want to let go and enjoy my life just the way it is, no matter what anyone else thinks. 

1 Peter 3:8 says:  "Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind." 

And I realized, Hmm.  It's that easy.  Have a tender heart.  Here I am walking around all bitter because other people don't do what they should and don't treat me the way I deserve and I have to STOP and un-harden my heart.  There's definitely not room in my heart for Christ and all of my bitter feelings as well. 

So I'm praying today Lord that you take any hurt feelings I have.  Heel them and help me forgive.  Take any of the bitterness and judgemental feelings and wash them away.  Give me a clean slate and make me a blank page for you.  No matter how tough I seem, I am only your child and can not do it alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment