Friday, February 4, 2011

Thankful!!!

Yesterday was a great day!!!  Unemployment FINALLY sent us some money so we are on the up swing folks.  Looking forward to seeing my family this weekend and also meeting baby Alexander for the first time.  We have some big milestones coming in the next few months. 
James and I will be becoming an aunt and uncle for the first time.  Katie will be graduating from college in May.  Great things are happening for us right now.  And I couldn't love my husband more.  I say that each day, but each day, I do.  I am so thankful that God gave me the eyes to see what was right in front of me. 
I know that he is having a rough time not working and feeling like that's what he's supposed to be doing, but as long as he loves me and Justin and no one else comes before us, then that's all I need.  I'd work 100 hours a week if I had to. 
In the end, when we retire and our kids put us in nursing homes, the other people that live there with us won't care if we drove a lexus or a ford in our 20's and 30's.  And they definitely won't care how many bedrooms our house had and how big our boat was.  And lastly, they won't be asking how much money you made and how high up in power you were. 
All that will matter is that you were loved and you served God with your whole self.  Take a few minutes and realize that you only have what you have because of God.  He is the only one that can give and he is the only one that can take it away.  Don't be distracted by the flashy things of the world.  They won't do you any good when it really counts. 
Have a great weekend everyone and safe travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment